What are the energy costs for the products your facility manufactures?
Can your plant significantly reduce production costs by using energy more creatively?
Are the instrumentation and software applications in place to allow management to accurately measure your plants energy consumption?
What is the peak energy time at your facility which has a big impact on your manufacturing costs?
All the above questions represent sustainable manufacturing challenges. If effective energy management strategies and solutions are in place within your plant or facility the answers to the above questions can be representative of energy cost savings for your organization.
Energy management involves optimizing production by minimizing your energy cost. Simplifying manufacturing processes frequently result in lower energy and overall production costs. An effective energy management plan and implemented solution can help your facility accomplish a reduction in energy and overall production cost. How? By:
- Fully understanding your energy bills
- Evaluating ways to reduce costs by optimizing production scheduling
- Analyzing where you use energy now
- Evaluating non-capital changes to save money
- Evaluating site and manufacturing changes to optimize use of energy
- Providing the capability to accurately measure critical energy usage
- Guiding personnel to make smart decisions when it comes to energy use
- Automating the usage of energy “hogs”
- Implementing manufacturing and production improvements
- Providing the capability to accurately display historical energy usage
Tackling sustainable manufacturing challenges through energy management solutions demands the right resources.
How can Optimation help?
Process Automation Expertise
We provide our clients turnkey solutions towards meeting their energy management needs by providing cost effective plant-wide energy management solutions including off the shelf Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) and Distributed Control System (DCS) packages to replace costly propriety solutions.
Energy Audit and Improvement Solutions
We want our clients energy management initiatives to be successful. We know from experience and our expertise success resulting in energy savings is attainable. Here is a list of the tasks we can accomplish to aid our clients towards their goals:
- On-site development and implementation of energy efficiency improvements resulting in yearly energy savings
- Lead Kaizen efforts to shorten production startup time, reducing energy and product losses
- Eliminate process variability resulting in product quality and energy savings
- Optimize industrial cogen plant steam, power and refrigeration generation resulting in reduced energy required
- PET and PEN web base manufacturing heat management improvements
- Compress air supply to waste water aeration basin optimized to reduce compressor power
- Steam boiler combustion control improvements
- Optimization of multiple centrifugal compressed air supply system for toner manufacturing
- Cooling tower water treatment, makeup and temperature control