Optimation provides consulting, planning, designing, engineering, fabrication, installation, commissioning, and validation services for a wide variety of customers in the chemical industry, including 3M, Arkema, DuPont, Eastman Kodak, Elmer’s Products, Pactiv and Nexpress.
We deliver solutions to companies serving all aspects of the chemical industry, from research, development and production of industrial chemicals, to employing these chemicals in the manufacture of finished product such as plastic, film, petroleum refining, and pulp and paper. Our experience is in both liquids and solids handling. Our team can provide process design and build for pilot lines, production facilities, utilities, services and support systems, as well as automation and software integration services.
Robots, Packaging Machines, Conveyor Layouts
Optimation’s engineers and designers are familiar with robots, cartoners, packers, palletizers, and wrapping machines. We are also accustomed to working with OEM equipment and suppliers. Once the equipment is selected we can develop layouts and drawings utilizing these components in your plant locations, and plan for software integration. Our alliances allow Optimation to provide further targeted expertise in the automated packaging and vision systems domains.
Robotics and Pick-and-Place
Optimation has experience with robotics and pick-and-place equipment, including SCARA and articulated robots:
- Robocaser pick-and-place machine, designed to pack bags, pouches and other flexible packs into cartons and trays
- PLC-based system for stacking pistons at engine manufacturer. PLC-based system for plastic product manufacturer to perform part flipping, welding, and placing plastic pieces, along with dial table operations with multiple pick and place operations.
- GP Series Gantry robots, for reliable, versatile high-speed production lines, handling cases, cans, and trays
- Unigripper intelligent vacuum gripper with automatic sensing of product position to support
- VersaPacker PLC-based product handling, with 2-6 axis robotic arm loading, and the flexibility to run uniform or odd-shaped products with very quick case change-overs.
Optimation has experience implementing a variety of vision systems, including but not limited to Cognex InSight & VisionPro, DVT, Banner, Keyence, and Omron.
- Machine vision integration implementation of OCV/OCR, bar codes, 2D matrix
- Inspection including metrology, presence/absence, quality, and color
- Vision guided motion
- Project application reviews to provide system/component recommendations, including lighting and optics selection and implementation
- Software in accordance with CFR 21 Part 11, including electronic record and software security
- Validation including Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), Functional Requirement Specification (FRS), Installation Qualification (IQ), and Operational Qualification (OQ)
Optimation designs custom fixturing and coordinates their fabrication with machine shops and fabricators as part of making the complete system operational.