Optimation’s applied experience in machine design and build ranges from providing single discipline expertise such as software and automation services to full turnkey solutions, from conceptual design to implementation, testing, installation and maintenance. Often, our turnkey solutions are custom design and build. These solutions achieve unique functionality not currently in the market for our customers. We mesh innovative machine solutions with proven off-shelf components.
- Supported the development of new welding technologies, including laser and infrared welding, by providing machine design and software services.
- Conceived, designed and implemented four skid-mounted testing stands for simultaneous stress testing of multiple automotive radiators and heater cores.
- Designed air systems for a polyester extrusion machine, for treating, curing, and handling the extruded film at sequential stages of the manufacturing process.
- Designed and implemented a fuel oil pump test stand and overall process, which comprised a fuel oil delivery system, holding tank, valves, flow meters, piping, spill containment, and control system with machine guarding and interlocks.
- Supported development of hot plate welding machines through multiple stages of development and product improvement cycles by providing machine design, instrumentation, process control, and software services.
- Designed and implemented a system for batch material handling, blending, and transfer of powdered materials. The system comprised twelve major pieces of equipment and numerous ancillary components.
- Designed and implemented an entire extrusion line for a sausage casing factory, which comprised twenty chemical treating tanks, explosion-proof and corrosion-resistant exhaust systems, extruders, dryers, and over one hundred coordinated web drives.
- Designed and implemented a glycerin stripper system used in the manufacture of mono glycerides.
- Supported development and commercialization of vibration welder by providing instrumentation, process control, and software services.
- Designed, built and automated a parts washing machine that queues, loads, unloads and sorts parts as one automated process.
Example Machine Build Applications:
- Skid-based Systems
- Extrusion Machines
- Welding Machines
- Liquid and Powder Handling
- Discrete Parts Handling
- Work Cells
- Inspection Stations
- Test Stands / Benches
- Prototype Machines