Having accurate product test data is vital to product manufacturers. A test system to verify the unit or device under test (UUT/DUT) is critical to the success of the manufactured product. Optimation’s test system engineers can assist in the design, fabrication, installation and validation of a test system solution that can minimize product failures. We are flexible enough to meet your system delivery and custom installation needs for your test system. Upon system delivery, our engineers can provide onsite training to your system operators along with training documentation (i.e. operator manuals).
From concept to completion, Optimation has the test system solution to meet your manufacturing needs.
Expert Assistance with Test System Requirements
If you are unsure of your test system requirement needs, our documentation process can start at the test system's concept. Our test system engineers create comprehensive requirements specifications and design descriptions that detail the hardware, software, and database implementations.
Extensive Experience in Test System Design
Our test system engineers have the instrumentation and mechanical knowledge to design and fabricate mechanical test systems that support the testing of the product. We have the process knowledge to help you implement and manipulate the conditions (temperature, pressure, flow rate etc.) to test your product. Sample test system design projects:
- High pressure test systems – including mechanical, electrical, application software, fabrication and installation. To find out more check out our High Pressure Test System page
- Product Test – including mechanical system design for simulation of product conditions such as fatigue, flow rates, pressure etc.
Optimation's test systems for manufacturers are designed for speed and throughput. Our engineers are familiar with lean six sigma and design for manufacturing and reliability principles.
Control and Process Knowledge
Our control and test system engineers provide services for a wide variety of manufacturing industries. Our experience and expertise includes:
- Programmable Logic Controller (PLC) programming
- Distributed Control System (DCS)
- PC based controls
- Supervisory controls (SCADA)
- Vision systems
- Motion/Robotic systems
- Bar Code and RFID technologies
Our engineers are experienced in the integration of controls with a variety of hardware and application systems including National Instruments, Rockwell/Allen-Bradley and Schneider Electric. Our control engineer's test system experience can lead and/or assist with the design and implementation of your in-line test and final product test system. To find out more, checkout our Controls Engineering and Related Solutions and Resources web pages.
Embedded Test Systems Expertise
Eliminate the vulnerability of slow processor speeds with an embedded test system. Optimation can design an embedded test system that will increase the processing speed of your PLC or digital signal processor significantly. Our engineers who specialize in embedded test systems utilize a technology that has FPGA (field-programmable gate array) allowing:
- Advanced controls - Implementing custom functionality with the reliability of dedicated deterministic hardware
- Quality High Speed Analog Measurements and Analysis - Faster I/O response times and specialized functionality, exceeding the computing power of digital signal processors
One of the benefits of this technology is the application logic is implemented in hardware circuits rather than on top of an operating system, drivers and application software. The average PLC scan rate from processor to device is about 100 milliseconds. FPGAs have a processing speed as fast as 25 nanoseconds from device to processor. That is fast!
Optimation's embedded test system services offers our product manufacturing clients rapid prototyping, verification and validation without the fabrication process of custom ASIC design.
Flexible and Knowledgeable in Test System PLC Integration
We have the knowledge and experience to integrate a wide variety of PLCs with your test system. We can:
- Bring together several test systems into one system ensuring that the distributed test system functions as one
- Integrate other hardware, control, software, vision systems and various off the shelf hardware with traditional PLC systems
To find out more about your system integration capabilities checkout our System Integration page.
Extensive Test System Validation Experience
Similar to our clients in the life science and automotive/aerospace industry, Optimation is sensitive to the critical role documentation plays when validating a test system. Often times our validation services have been a gateway to concept to completion projects with our clients. We have proven processes and documentation for test system validation. We believe traceability is key to the qualification of an installed and operating test system. Why use our services to assist in your test system validation?
- Our engineers understand the importance of documentation traceability relating to test system validation
- Our validation templates and processes are GAMP compliant.
- We have templates available for use, and we can also work with your preferred documentation. Templates can include:
- Installation Qualification (IQ)
- Operational Qualification (OQ)
- Performance Qualification (PQ)
- Validation Summary Report (VSR)
Regardless of whether or not Optimation assisted in the design and installation of your test system we can validate it.