Project management can make the difference between completing a project on time and budget and ending up with costly overruns and missed deadlines. Excellent project management is invaluable – Optimation saves money, time and headaches.
Prevent Scope Creep
On larger projects, Optimation project managers employ a ‘phases and gates’ approach to executing the project. Each phase develops the project scope to the next level for technical deliverables, cost and schedule. At the end of each phase, you review the technical deliverables, cost and schedule and verify that they still met the requirements of your business case for doing the project. Passing the gate review allows the project to proceed on to the next level of definition. Failing the gate review gives you the ability to stop the project with minimal expense.
Optimation is ISO: 9001 registered and our processes our certified by the Control System Integrators Association (CSIA).
What sets Optimation’s project management apart from the rest?
- Broad skill sets: Each project manager at Optimation has a well-rounded background with diverse skills. Optimation has project managers with a variety of credentials, whether certified by PMI (Project Management Institute), licensed as Professional Engineers and/or experienced in managing engineering and skilled trades.
- Versatility: Many companies have no process or their own process; our project managers work within your structures for a better customer experience.
- Flexibility: Optimation project managers are comfortable in the office or in the field. Hire our project managers full time, in house, or on a “fit for use” basis.
- Reporting: Periodic updates of project cost and schedule are critical to monitoring project performance. From documenting project requirements at proposal time, to regular project meetings and updates, to knowing potential scope changes up front, you’re never in the dark about the progress of your project.
- Concept to Completion: Optimation disciplines include mechanical, structural, electrical and controls in the areas of engineering, fabrication and field installation trades. Our project management services can integrate all of these capabilities into a single coordinated project delivered to the customer. With all of our disciplines under one roof, you reap the benefits of a single service provider, seamlessly integrating all aspects of your project.