Optimation provides Programmable Logic Control (PLC) and Distributed Control Systems (DCS) services for a wide range of technologies.
We have an experienced group of highly proficient PLC programmers. Our team has developed a programming standard that provides for quick development, quality code and easy maintenance. Our PLC programming experience covers most of the available hardware and software environments including Siemens, Allen-Bradley, Modicon and GE. Our team is knowledgeable and proficient in the use of IEC 1131-3, the international standard for programmable logic controller programming languages:
- Ladder Diagram (LD)
- Sequential Function Charts (SFC)
- Function Block Diagram (FBD)
- Structured Text (ST)
- Instruction List (IL)
We provide PLC Programming services in Dallas, TX; Denver, CO; Houston, TX; Minneapolis, MN; Nashua, NH and Rochester, NY. We routinely travel to clients in various locations, nationally and globally.
Many industries rely on the power of distributed control systems. Our engineers have implemented solutions using a wide variety of DCS systems, including Siemens PCS7, Moore, Foxboro IA, Fisher Provox & Delta V and ABB MOD 300.
We provide DCS Programming services in Corning, NY; Nashua, NH; Rochester, NY and Syracuse, NY. We routinely travel to clients in various locations, nationally and globally.
Example PLC and DCS Projects:
- Installed the iFIX SCADA system at a large municipal filtration plant. The application had a about 2500 tags and several hundred screens. Existing Allen-Bradley PLC 5/40's were used for controls. Historical data was stored in MS SQL Server on a dedicated Historian PC and reports were generated in Excel.
- Implemented operating controls for 2 freeze drying lines using Taylor Pro-Worx Plus Software, Modicon 984-130 Processor and Fix DMACS.
- Designed and implemented a plant control system for operation of the Heat Exchange Facility, part of a Lake Source Cooling Project. The control system is capable of being controlled remotely from Cornell University’s Central Heating Plant using a PC based NT operating platform running Intellution FIX V7.0 Full SCADA server with additional SQL/ODBC option installed. Remote communications was accomplished over an Ethernet backbone via user assigned TCP/IP addressing network scheme. Controls were implemented using a Quantum PLC processor, programmed with Concept IEC 1131-3, which offers Ladder Logic, Function Block, Sequential Function Chart, Structured Text, and Instruction List type programs.
- Designed and implemented system using three Modicon Quantum PLCs, and Five Wonderware workstations to control two Dual Fuel Furnaces with multiple burner controls as well as associated equipment including baghouse, automatic spark arresting system, automatic hood dampers, stack caps and 300 HP ID fan.
- Recommended system components and replaced SCADA system for a network with 11 nodes and remote redundant SCADA capability communicating with 26 remote substations. Allen Bradley PLCs are used as the I/O nodes and Intellution FIX DMACS is the HMI software.
- Recommended system components and replaced complete SCADA system for a large water authority. Routinely perform ongoing upgrades and support for the Windows NT based SCADA system, which utilizes multiple Intellution SCADA nodes. It also includes remote SCADA capability through the water authority WAN. The system employs radios and a leased digital network to communicate with over 25 remote substations and associated tanks. Substation control is achieved using Allen-Bradley PLCs. The SCADA system includes data archiving for system analysis, alarming, reporting, and event and alarm-based emails and paging.
- Provided installation of new instrumentation and controls to allow for the remote operation of two (2) industrial water-pumping sites. In each of the locations, the pumps were locally controlled by Allen Bradley PLCs, and then connected back to a central Provox DCS control room via 900MHz and 2Ghz radio links.